I stumbled across this interesting article in Elle Decor (or on their website, rather) that listed 10 things everyone should have in their apartment before they turn 30. As my 30th birthday looms on the not-so-distant horizon, here’s a look at what I have in my apartment.
Here’s the list:
1) Art that you love. I’ve got this covered.
2) Organized bookshelf. This is an obvious one for me.
3) Matching towels. I have these–but my bathroom isn’t terribly photogenic.
4) A plant. I purchased one today! Let’s how long it lasts.
5) A nice headboard and mattress. I have a bed from Ikea–but I did buy a mattress last year! And they couldn’t fit the box spring up the stairs. So, not quite there yet. But on my way!
6) A collection. Duh. Blue and white china.
7) Bathroom accessories that aren’t plastic. I’m not there yet–quelle embarrassing.
8) Favorite candle. I love candles–so, yes, this is covered.
9) Two bedside tables. I’m amending this to ONE because I live in a studio apartment in New York City. Covered.
10) A luxurious throw. I have a pretty throw–but I don’t know that I’d classify it as luxurious. I’ll add that to my list.
So, I’m not in bad shape–but I think it is good to take stock of what you have–and to think about bigger purchases for the future. Or what to ask for for your birthday. Ahem.